Sunday, April 8, 2012

Outdoor Play

Sometimes I did get a little stressed when Jiale preferred to just stand around or sit around when we were at the playground. I would be thinking, 'gosh I put in effort to bring you and your brother all the way here.. and you just wanna sit/stand?? Go run around or cycle around..!!'

But upon closer observation, I realised that even when he does not seem to be 'doing' anything much, he is observing the other children at the playground - watching the kor kors climb up high high, watching the jie jies play AEIOU/traffic light, watching how the other children interact in their games. All these are learning which he can't do at home.

As I look at my son sitting with the warm evening sun on his face and the gentle breeze ruffling his hair, I am happy : )

No comments:

Post a Comment