Wednesday, April 4, 2012

First Play Day


First proper day at Playdays. The plan was for Daddy to drop us off near the school so that we could have breakfast first, as it would be too early. Since we had to leave the house with Daddy, it was soooo rushed that I started regretting sending Jiale to school! Cos we would usually be nua-ing around slowly having breakfast and playing and taking our own sweet time.. AND then realised the eatery near the school wasn't open yet.. Sigh.. nowhere to eat.. so we ended up going to the school 30 minutes early. Luckily we could go into the classroom early too! :D

I had already decided I would be leaving Jiale alone in the class today. So after bringing him in, I only stayed for 5 minutes. Anyway the moment he entered the room, he saw a Thomas floor puzzle and promptly started to do the puzzle. When I said bye-bye, he started crying and asking for 'wo wo' (his nickname for Thomas, I have no idea why). I gave his trains to him and said bye-bye again, and he immediately said bye-bye and went back to his puzzle!! So it wasn't me that he missed.. it was the trains..???! In disbelief, I told him 'mummy is leaving' and he started crying again. Urmm, but I had hardly stepped out of the room when he stopped crying! When I peeped in from the window, he was engrossed in the puzzle again. Oh... well... Haha :P

With a heavy heart, feeling like I had abandoned my son, I left the school, not sure where to go. (Didi was with me, of course.) Ended up at Suntec City as it was just 3 stops away by MRT. Still feeling guilty. BUT when I opened the menu at Old Town White Coffee to see what I wanted to eat, I finally realised I AM FREE!! I could order anything that I wanted to eat! Cos when Jiale is around, I can't order anything spicy in case he wants to share my food.. and soupy stuff too hot and difficult to feed him... and this.. and that.... so usually only can eat things like toast or fried rice. WOOOOO HOOOOOO..! At that moment, ahem, all guilt flew out of the window. Oops :P (This sounds terrible hor?)

Did some shopping after having breakfast.. Wow.. so peaceful to shop without a toddler around.. and no sense of guilt about lugging him around to buy things.. Ahhhh... : ) I had thought that 3 hours was quite a short time for me to finish my errands as it included traveling time, but yuan lai it's more than enough when I could focus on what I needed to do and be efficient & productive. Hmm I might bring along a book or laptop in future. (Used to feel bad about leaving Jiale in high chair for too long, eg when I met up with my friends. But now I don't feel bad about Didi, because I know it won't be long before he refuses to sit for long! So I shall just enjoy it while I can!)

Back at the school half an hour before class ended. Peeped in again, saw Jiale sitting with his classmates listening to the teacher read a storybook. When he saw me, he gave me a big smile and came over for a while, before returning to the activity with the class. YAY!

After the class, the three teachers all gave good feedback about Jiale. They said he did not cry at all after I left, and shared his trains with his classmates, and was participative in the activities. Double YAY!!

Looks like my boy has grown up, and I did the right thing by choosing to wait to enrol him in school. I am so looking forward to next Thursday! : )

(not that it's not right to send the child to school earlier. It depends on the child's temperament. I just mean that it's right for MY child.)

1 comment:

  1. Lol, and I thought that it was only me who can't order anything spicy outside coz my dumpling insists on sharing my food too! :)

    ReplyDelete