Saturday, April 7, 2012

Book: How to Behave So That Your Preschooler Will, Too

Disclaimer: My 'book reviews' are very subjective as it depends on whether the book is relevant to my family. Neither will I be doing any summary as I believe it's the details that make the book useful/helpful.

Borrowed this book from the library after someone recommended it. And it's good! I spent quite long on this book as I wanted to read in detail and to remember as much as possible. As I was reading, I often paused to think about my situation and how I could apply the methods.

After more than 2 years of parenting (including 10+ months of being a parent of two), I totally agree that the child's behavior reflects that of the parenting style and home environment. Unfortunately, there are so many undesirable traits that Jiale exhibits/exhibited that I know he learnt from me! Boo hoo..

The happy thing is, I am already doing most of the things which this book suggests. Yippee! Just gotta fine-tune or remind myself to stick to what I am doing. (Not that I am such a good parent, just that I have been reading a lot about discipline, parenting etc recently, and have started to use what I have learnt. I used to read 'how to make your child smart' type of books :P)

OK, that's my 'book review'. Nothing much to say, except it's GOOD! Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment