Thursday, May 31, 2012

Always Willing to Clean Your Mess, My Baobei

I let Jiale self-feed for almost every meal since he was about 7-8 months old. Yes, it was a mess. But I was very ok with mess and didn't mind cleaning it up at all. After all, I had time while he was napping. But I had not let Didi self-feed at all, except for finger foods like bread or cheese. And I was meticulous about any sort of mess.. wiping off any spilled food as soon as it landed on the high chair tray.

However, recently he started to grab the spoon when I was feeding him. Soon, he was not satisfied with just the spoon anymore, and I gave him an empty bowl as well. That kept him happy for a few days before he was back to grabbing the spoon filled with food. Yesterday, I told him impatiently, "You think you are only child izzit."

Though I wasn't really scolding him and wasn't fierce, just impatient, I felt so bad the moment the words left my mouth : ( Yes, he is not an only child, but does that mean he should receive any less from mummy?

Immediately I surrendered the remainder of his cereal to him, and indulgently looked on while he did whatever he wanted with it. It ended with a finale of him dropping (throwing?) the bowl onto the floor where it 'bounced' a few times before landing a few metres away, leaving a trail of cereal. 


Did mummy even think of complaining this time? Definitely not. Happy to serve you, my dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment