Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Book: Smart Moves

Disclaimer: My 'book reviews' are very subjective as it depends on whether the book is relevant to my family. Neither will I be doing any summary as I believe it's the details that make the book useful/helpful.

As I was reading online reviews of the book 'Brain Gym', I came across this book which was recommended as more detailed reading of the concepts and theories behind Brain Gym. Thus I reserved it from the library as well.

Took me a long time to finish the book. My take: It's too chim for a layman like me. I don't think it's necessary for me to know how the brain gym exercises affect the proprioceptive receptors or the basal ganglion :P While Brain Gym was too simple, this is too complicated.

I say, skip it unless you have a lot of time/ are very interested in brain functioning/ are medically trained.

No comments:

Post a Comment