Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Book: Brain Gym

Disclaimer: My 'book reviews' are very subjective as it depends on whether the book is relevant to my family. Neither will I be doing any summary as I believe it's the details that make the book useful/helpful.

(Seems like I am on a roll writing book reviews! Haha, actually finished reading these books recently but did not have time to blog about them. Hubby has KO for the night so I have the laptop at my disposal.)

Can't recall why I decided to get hold of this book (from library). Must have come across it in some blog or another book. Basically, the authors are saying that there are some exercises that help to 'enhance the experience of whole brain learning'. And this book is really very simple - no theories or chim chim explanations, just illustrations and simple instructions about how to do the exercises. I found the illustrations & instructions to be too simple!

But, brain gym exercises are easy to do and do not take up much time, and I think it's good to do them with the child. Even if they don't help the brain, stretching and any physical exercise are always good : )

For more detailed explanations, another book which I review here might be more helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment