Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Seal Playground at Dakota Crescent

Located near Blk10 Dakota Crescent. I alighted at the bus along Old Airport Road in front of Blk 22 and saw the playground easily.

Just like parents & grandparents, a playground seems to be missing something without kids around..
Happily running around!
I think he has been to enough old playgrounds to learn that the slides are too rough for the butt! Safer to walk down!
Old-style tyre swing. He has never played this before but I guess it's a child's instinct to know what to do at a playground
Even Didi is fascinated
'Didi, are you coming up?'
I thought this heritage journey was for the boys. I hardly played at playgrounds when I was a child, so I didn't feel especially nostalgic.. Until I went up this spiral staircase.. Got a flashback of the playground I used to play at..
Jiale was enjoying himself at the playground.. But this slanted beam gave me too many heart attacks. Jiale bumped his head on it as he came down the steps and took off running. And then too many near-misses after that, so I decided to leave.

New playground at Jln Dua. The traditional playground that used to be here was demolished not long ago.
The boys had fun here too! : )



The Seal playground seemed to be pretty deserted in a quiet neighbourhood and the structure was not in very good condition either. Nothing really problematic, just... old.. Two of the three tyre swings were already spoilt. I don't think it's really worth visiting (except for the tyre swing, maybe!) but it was ok for me since I stay quite near. BUT I am quite sure this playground will be demolished soon due to its condition, so if you are keen to go, do it soon!

P.S. And please take note of the blue beam!

No comments:

Post a Comment