Monday, July 9, 2012

The Brothers' Heritage Trail

Another blogger mummy wrote about heritage playgrounds recently, and as I am into outdoor play for the boys recently, I decided to bring the boys to visit these heritage playgrounds! I find it too boring to go to the playgrounds in my neighbourhood too often, so this 'mission' gives me a sense of purpose!

Other than having fun, I hope to create more unique memories for the boys.. I am pretty sure by the time they are my age, most of these playgrounds would not be around anymore.. Didi is still small now and he doesn't get to play much at these playgrounds, so I hope to bring the boys on another round when Didi is 2+.. and another round when my third child is 2+ (don't know when!!)....

Since I have never been to these playgrounds myself (or at least not that I can remember), I am trying to go to all the heritage playgrounds in the same area/estate in one afternoon, to look see look see first. But if the boys particularly enjoy any of the playgrounds, I will definitely bring them back again soon, no need to wait for Didi to be two years old! But for this first round, definitely need to be fast. As it is, at least one of the playgrounds which the family in the blog I am referring to has been demolished. They just went in Jan 2011, and in Apr 2012 they updated that the Jalan Tua playground has been replaced with a modern playground. Boo hoo : (

No comments:

Post a Comment