Sunday, August 26, 2012

Teacher Cut Hair Saga

Teacher gave boy warnings to cut his hair, he failed to pass on the message to his mother or to take any other action, teacher cut his hair for him before his PSLE oral exam, mother lodged police report.

I guess no one was perfectly right in this situation.

Teacher - the timing of the haircut might not have been very appropriate, and perhaps she should have made more effort to contact the boy's parents to inform them of the school warning. But then, dish out punishment still need to wait for auspicious time meh? If the wrongdoing happens to be before PSLE, if the punishment happens to be before PSLE, so be it lor. The boy suay lor. Frankly speaking, I think the teacher probably knew she would get into some sort of trouble for cutting the boy's hair, though she might not imagined it would be a police report and this type of mega publicity. Thus I commend her for going ahead with what she 'promised' to do. I hope the boy learnt a valuable lesson called keeping to one's promise.

Boy - He's already 12 years old lor. I think of my nephew who is also 12, and I can't imagine him being immature (or dumb) enough to get into this type of trouble. This boy has attitude problem lah. No prizes for guessing why he has attitude problem. And he's a wimp. Cry because of hair? I think I will give him an extra slap if he's my son. And I really can't wait for him to go to NS *evil laugh*

Mother - she's the champion. I think she is the most wrong of all. Simply because she is the one whom the boy will look to for guidance and as a role model. No matter what the teacher did, she was but just one of many teachers who would pass through the boy's life. But the mother remains a constant. The boy will learn from how she responded in this case. I shudder to think how he will react to future disciplinary attempts from school authorities. I wonder if the mother realises she had sabo-ed her son. Or till now, does she still think she was helping him? Good intentions no doubt, after she's the mother and I believe she wouldn't sabo him intentionally. But but but.

Haii haii haii..

No comments:

Post a Comment