Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Boys 2, Mummy 0

What happened after the short break just now?

We had a great time pretend cooking! Then the boys went for their bath (very dirty by then!), and I let them play with the water table, with bubbles and water beads. Then the trouble began.

The boys would usually play by themselves for about 30 minutes after their bath while I cleaned up and prepared lunch. But Jiale insisted on eating biscuits and I knew Didi would want to eat too when he saw Kor Kor eating... Then what about lunch?? I had already cooked soup and rice! But no choice, Jiale was very insistent and I had not finished preparing lunch, so I gave them biscuits. Then Jiale wanted to play with his Gigo cubes and insisted (yes, this word again) I make a car for him (yes, in addition to the one I made in the morning).

Then when lunch was served, Jiale refused to stop playing and didn't want to eat. He threw a huge tantrum and cried and cried and cried. By then I had realised what was happening - he had incidentally chosen all the more intellectual games/toys to play with this morning (logic game, building blocks, magnetic puzzle) and add on the very fun and simulating pretend cooking.... I had a overtired kid on my hands rolling on the floor. When he finally calmed down (still sobbing), he said he wanted to go to bed instead of having his lunch. My persuasive attempts were futile. So he went off to bed.

After about 5 minutes, he came out and was in a much better mood and wanted to eat his lunch. OK good, but I was already exhausted by his earlier tantrum (not forgetting the massive clean-up). There you go, the boys easily scored another point against mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment