Monday, August 13, 2012

Change in Routine

Didi's naptime was usually 11.30am, and Jiale's was 12.30pm. But Jiale often woke Didi up with his LOUD whining and crying when it was time for him to go in to his room, so I decided I had to do something about it.

Thus, from today onwards, the boys shall go in for their nap at the same time, at 12nn. Jiale stops crying by the time he's on his bed (it's the getting him away from whatever he is doing that is difficult, he is ok to sleep on his own), so Didi will be still awake (alone in his bedroom) during Jiale's whining.

The good thing is, we have a longer morning together, so we are able to do more things. Since morning is our usual time for sensory/messy play, that means more play! (and also more time for me to clean up, thankfully). This morning, we had fun playing with big bubble wrap and paint. I also read many more books than usual to the boys. Jiale has always had the habit of asking me or Daddy to read to him, while Didi used to be totally not interested in books, he now follows Kor Kor and also brings books for me to read to him : ) And who says sibling rivalry is not good - the boys keep asking for more and more books in an attempt to 'out-read' each other! (They take turns to choose the book for me to read.)

The bad thing is, Didi now has to watch the Letterland CD-ROM together with Jiale. Jiale is allowed to watch two letters a day, IF he remembers to ask for it :P However I would prefer Didi not to start so early, as I am worried he might learn his alphabet ONLY based on the Letterland characters, and not recognize the normal plain alphabet. Not so concerned about the electronic usage here, as it takes no more than ten minutes. Well, as you can see, Didi was very engrossed! His eyes so big right? They got even bigger as he stared at the screen! Aiyoooooo....

And hor, while I have my doubts that this is caused by bringing his naptime 30 minutes earlier, Jiale is still awake now! 1 hour 25 minutes after he goes in to bed. SIGH. I have finally been feeling well enough to bring them out these two days, but on both Sunday & Monday, my plans were fouled because Jiale woke up too late from his nap. Looks like today might also be a no-going-out day : (

But what to do, the siblings have to adjust to each other's routine lor. Sleep is still the singular most important thing to a young child in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment