Sunday, July 21, 2013

My Weight Loss Journey

Gosh! It has been 4 months since my last post! That was about the time when I started going to my in-laws' every weekday in anticipation of meimei's birth. I was probably too tired to blog then. 

Now, we have settled into a routine with 3 young children, and my foremost concern is my weight and size. As with everything else that I do, this means a lot of reading - books, magazines, Internet. I'm only at the beginning of the journey, but I'm confident I will definitely lose all the baby fats (though I might not get bak my prebaby hips), so I wanna share my 'tricks' here for others who also want to slim down : )

Some history first: I started exercising when baby was 2 months old. But I only ran 3km once a week for the first two weeks, partly to ease into the habit and partly to allow my body to get used to the physical exertion. 

Good thing was, my stamina and muscles adapted pretty well. I guess mentality plays a big part, cos I do like running and I see myself as a lifelong runner. Unfortunately, my knees didn't take it so well.... I suffered very bad pain during and after the runs.. Initially I attributed to i) age; ii) weak joints due to pregnancy & childbirth; iii) too much sports in my younger days.  

But very luckily, the pain disappeared after a few weeks! Perhaps it was due to the glucosamine supplement which I started taking recently... But I think it was probably because the pain was caused by the sudden increase in exercise.. :p I am very happy, and shall continue taking glucosamine just in case. Prevention is always better than cure!

Oh ya. My weight at 2 months post- baby was 60kg..... >.<

My aim is 50kg. So that's 10kg to lose. No fixed timeline cos I'm still breastfeeding and baby's health is priority. Not gonna do anything funny until I wean her around 1 year old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment