Sunday, July 21, 2013

Exercise Part One - Running

I started jogging in early June, and now I'm up to 5.5km. I attempted to go for a run every night but sometimes did not manage to do so as I had to factor in meimei's feeding times. For instance if she had not woken up for her feed by 10pm, I would forgo the run as it was too depressing to go out so late. 

However, even when meimei's feeding time wasn't an issue, I also ended up going out around 10pm.. The boys went to bed at 8pm.. I finally had time to attend to meimei.. She fed till about 9pm.. I ate dinner (which my hubby bought back)... Rested a while for the food to settle.. 10pm left house.. : (
 
And because I planned to run every night, each day I felt crappy thinking 'still gotta go run at the end of the day...'....

After 3-4 weeks of this, I decided to only run on alternate weekdays. Thus I was able to have a better state of mind on the other days - 'ahh.. I can rest once the kids go to bed'.. It was easier to get by with days of rest, and I looked forward more to the runs : )

I also discovered that isotonic drinks are quite high in calories! One can is about 190 calories..!! And a run of 5km is only about 300 calories lor... But I still drink some la, cos I must make sure I'm in the best state to produce good milk for my baby. Just not drink too much, and only drink if I run at least 5km. 

I am also using a very useful app called Runkeeper. It uses GPS to track the distance covered and also provides info like duration, elevation, pace, etc.. And it's free! 

No comments:

Post a Comment