Sunday, July 21, 2013

Changes in Routine for a Slimmer Mummy!

Used to eat dinner at 9pm after the boys went to bed and I finished nursing meimei (who is usually already very sleepy by 7pm+ and has to wait for her brothers to go to bed at 8pm before I can attend to her). Then still had to wait a while for the food to settle before going for my run at 10pm : (

Now I eat dinner with the boys at 6pm. This means that I can go for my run once I settle meimei around 9pm. 

It is definitely less demoralising cos I no longer have to run so late. 
Otherwise I would reach home around 11pm, and after cooling down, only finish shower around midnight. (Soooo late!)

It also means I'm eating more healthily since I won't be eating hawker food for dinner anymore. Additional bonus of eating less cos I'm not a very good cook, ha! And it's fattening to eat too late at night! 

(Previously I looked forward to having a nice yummy albeit sinful dinner at the end of a stressful day. But now I'm more stressed about being fat.)

But since I'm breastfeeding, I shall allow myself to eat a small supper at night.. something like yogurt, banana, milo, plain crackers, etc. 

The second big change in routine is to do a exercise DVD in the afternoon. Initially I was hesitant about how this would affect the kids. But then I thought, if I heard about another sahm taking a one-hour break to do her own stuff every afternoon, I definitely wouldn't think it was too much!

Will be doing my exercises after lunch, when Didi and Meimei are napping and Kor Kor is watching his daily dose of DVD. Thus I'll only be 'neglecting' him for 30 minutes max. Not too bad la, he will get a happier mummy in return, heehee :p

By exercising in the afternoon (instead of at night), I will be making full use of the increased metabolism for the rest of the day. (Exercise ups the metabolism which stays up for quite a while even after the exercise ends.)

Having done my exercises early in the day, I feel good for the rest of the day too! : ) I can also have a proper rest at night and prepare for the next day's play activities. 

But I'll still be continuing my runs! Running = calorie buster!! Die calories die! But will cut down la, maybe just twice a week since I can only run at night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment