Thursday, March 14, 2013

Cooking for The KINGS

Seriously very fed up liao. I can understand and accept it if the boys have certain preferences and only want to eat a few selected dishes. BUT they can wolf down one dish the previous week and totally reject it this week..!! What the...??!! And yes, this applies to pan-fried foods as well..! I think the only food they will eat happily everyday is perhaps... urmm.. I can't think of anything! I am SURE they will get sick of 'favorite' foods such as crispy chicken or french fries if I serve it to them everyday.. because the appeal of these foods must be largely due to them being forbidden and thus 'luxury' items!

I have thought of two more methods to try. If they still do not work, I shall just give up lah. Anyway my tests and experimentation will have to take a backseat once Meimei is out, cos it will be the confinement auntie doing all the cooking. I considered still cooking for the boys while the auntie cooks for hubby and me, but seriously, who am I kidding? As if the boys will eat... Once I tell them 'no, these dishes are not for you', they will definitely decide they cannot eat anything else but auntie's dishes!

[Anyway, who am I kidding? How to give up? Once the confinement period is over, if I don't cook for them, who cook??]

First method to try: Western recipes. So far I have been using bento-style i.e. Jap style, and Chinese style. But the boys usually do not eat much rice.. though sometimes Jiale finishes his rice and not touch his meat/fish/vegs.. don't ask me why.. I think he does it just to make me happy.. >.< So maybe I will replace the rice with potato or other starchy foods.

Second method to try: Continue Chinese style cooking, but instead of serving individual portions on their plates, I shall serve the boys only their rice on their plates, and they take the meat/fish/vegs they want from communal plates. Like the way we eat when I cook for all four of us or when we eat at my in-laws. Not very hopeful for this, cos Jiale doesn't eat much either when we are at my in-laws... And I think Didi tends to copy his behaviour.... Haii...

Just try, see how : /

2 comments:

  1. Mummyzhu! Your food diaries really look good! You are definitely doing an excellent job! Im a soon-to-be mother and hope to even be half as good as you, looking at your postings made me go wow, and certainly also gave me some very good tips & stress too (maybe need to sign up for cooking class).

    May I ask where you purchased those nice shapes for your toast?

    Thank you for your beautiful sharings on your blog! Between... I gather you are preggie now? Congratulations! When is your EDD?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hi I got most of my bento stuff from here
      jmamababy2.blogspot.sg : )

      Delete