Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Skincare Essentials

Is this going to become a beauty blog? Definitely not! I am no expert and have no expertise to share, and my complexion is not so fantastic that people want to know my 'secrets'. But since I am reading more on this topic, I would like to share what I learn with my friends and especially my sister (because sis, skincare is really more important than makeup!). Ultimately I am still just a housewife with limited budget, no sponsored items, no freebies. Can't compare to those bloggers out there who look so pretty and seem to have unlimited finances/sponsorship to be able to review so many items and/or attend so many workshops. And of course, I will still be blogging about my life as a SAHM with two young children (soon-to-be-three) and my complaints about them :P I would be really keen to read other mummies' blogs if you come across any who also talk about skincare. Please let me know!

Let me list the items which I think every woman should own (and use!!):

Facial cleanser (actually, I think need two cleansers for double cleansing purpose)
Facial toner
Facial moisturiser (unless you have very dry skin, you probably need another richer moisturiser for the neck too)
Facial sunscreen
Exfoliator/scrub
Face mask
Eye cream
Eye mask
Sunscreen for eyes if the facial sunscreen is not suitable for use in eye area
Body scrub (I assume everyone has a soap thingy for cleaning purpose la. This list is for the 'extras')
Body moisturiser
Body sunscreen (if your body moisturiser doesn't come with spf. But if it does, then need another one without spf for night use)
Foot scrub (unless your body scrub is strong enough to tackle the thick skin on feet)
Foot moisturiser (same as above)
Hand moisturiser with spf for day use
Hand moisturiser without spf for night use
Lip balm (same, one with spf and one without)

OK, fellow comrades, have I left out anything? (help me educate my sister)

Actually, I have already left out all the things for nail care and hair care. No special reason, only because I am not bothered about them at the moment, and if I start thinking about them, I will go mad.

Other items which I also like very much but did not include in the Essentials:
Lip scrub (but I use my facial scrub on lips if I am doing facial scrub that day)
Oils (I have a face oil and a body oil. And I also use cooking oil for beauty purposes!)
Hand gloves and feet gloves (to be worn after applying moisturiser)
Facial essence (to be used on neck as well)
Foot file/ Pumice

But then, this doesn't cater to every skin type. For example, pimple cream is not an essential for me cos I hardly get any pimples. And some women are probably very concerned about lip care &/or haircare. I just finished reading Big S's beauty book and she is fanatic about whitening lor. To each her own la. But sis, please go and buy all the abovementioned items! Especially the sunscreen! If not, you just have to use whatever I give you ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment