Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My Cheapo Mask!

I bought this from Watsons as I was attracted by the price. Usually I would buy established skincare brands like Neutrogena or L'oreal if I wanted to save money, and at the original price of $15 for six pieces of Watsons brand masks, I wouldn't think it was worthwhile. But at $5 per box, it seemed a steal!

Tried it last night, and I like it! It's stated on the packaging that each sheet comes with 30ml of essence, and indeed the mask was very wet. When I saw the mask, I was already quite happy that it came with the part for the eyes as well. It's foldable, so you can choose to fold it down if you prefer to spend the 20 minutes doing something else. I usually do that cos most masks only have holes where the eyes are, but since this was a rare treat for my eyes, I just closed my eyes and rested for 20 minutes : )

When it was time to remove the mask, I was again pleasantly surprised. Unlike other masks which I had tried, this was no longer dripping by the time I removed it. Which means that the essence had been absorbed by my face right? : ) By the way, if you have a habit of leaving sheet masks on your face for longer than the recommended duration, I read that the essence would end up being re-absorbed by the sheet... So do keep to the recommended duration!

I had intended to put the sheet mask on my neck after removing from my face. But it was too dry to stay put by then. So I just poured out the remaining essence from the packaging and massaged onto my face and neck. Don't forget to take good care of your neck too!

[The other new mask which I tried recently was the Laneige Water Bank Double Moisture Mask. It was very wet too, but it was still wet when I removed it. I massaged the liquid into my face but the next morning, my face felt rather 'caked', as if the essence had remained on the surface of my skin.]

I also bought a few other boxes of different masks from Watsons, either $5 per box or even just $2! But I would not review each individually here, unless they are exceptionally good or bad :p 

No comments:

Post a Comment