Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey

Have you heard of this book? It's one of the books which I have enjoyed since my liberation. (and the Twilight trilogy too!)

According to Wikipedia,

Fifty Shades of Grey is a 2011 erotic novel by British author E. L. James. Set largely in Seattle,  it is the first instalment in a trilogy that traces the deepening relationship between a college graduate, Anastasia Steele, and a young business magnate, Christian Grey. It is notable for its explicitly erotic scenes featuring elements of sexual practices involving bondage/discipline, dominance/submission, and sadism/masochism (BDSM).
The second and third volumes are titled Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed, respectively. Fifty Shades of Grey has topped best-seller lists around the world, including the United Kingdom and the United States. The series has sold over 60 million copies worldwide, with book rights having been sold in 37 countries, and set the record as the fastest-selling paperback of all time, surpassing the Harry Potter series. Critical reception of the novel has been mixed.

While I am not adverse to the parts about sex or BDSM, they are definitely not the main reason why I like the book so much. I like the book because it is really very well written! To me, it is just a romance story.. and when I finished the first book, I immediately wanted to read the second book! Yep, I have already finished all three books : ) A very simple summary - the first book is a sad romance, the second a happy romance, and the third! A good mix of mystery, romance, thriller! The author is good. I am impressed that these are her first books. I shall be waiting eagerly for her new book - whether it is a similar theme or something very different, I am confident that she will not disappoint! 

No comments:

Post a Comment