Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cooking Oil for Beauty!

Yes this is normal olive oil which I bought at a supermarket. It's not even extra virgin, though the blog where I got this idea recommended EVOO :p But considering the price difference, and that I only intend to use it on my hands and feet (and err, cooking), I think normal one will do lah. See, Hubby, I am thrifty sometimes too ok.

I did as the blog suggested and wore disposable gloves after pouring a generous amount of oil on my hands. In addition I also applied on my feet and wore thick socks to prevent dirtying the floor. (Really thick socks, I bought them for my Mt Kinabalu trek to prevent blisters.) I thought I got this idea from the same blog, but I couldn't find the post anymore now.

After 30 minutes, my hands and feet were super oily :p I did not do any massage as I just wanted to clean the oil off so that I could carry doing whatever I was doing. Bar soap did not work, but surprisingly the hand soap did quite a good job.

Did my hands and feet feel smoother after that? Hmm, actually I couldn't feel much difference. (But hey the other blog author said she felt a big difference! Or maybe EVOO will really be more effective??) Oh ya, actually I tried this with my Palmer's body oil earlier, but I guess it was too 'fine' to do much. Though it felt very oily, I could feel the difference when I applied the olive oil - so much thicker. (The Palmer's oil has worked well for my arms and legs, but I guess my hands and feet are too jia lat.)

Anyway, for any method or product, I believe that it will only give results after long-term usage. I don't expect miracles. Furthermore everybody has different foundations to start with, so I am just sharing my 'technical' experiences and who knows, it might work better for you! : )

I am very happy that this is my second cheapo skincare post of the day... and even happier that I have tried two cheapo skincare methods within such a short time! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment