Thursday, June 28, 2012

Mr Timer

Have you tried using the wonderful timer? It has worked miracles for us! I used to be quite skeptical when I read about using the timer, but I realised that often, Jiale would ask to continue playing after I told him he had to go bathe/eat/sleep, and I often responded with 'ok, 5 more minutes'. But how to enforce the '5 minutes'? So I bought a timer from Daiso to try.

I know that Jiale does not like to go straight to nap after his lunch. He likes to play with his trains for a while, even 5 minutes is good. So I set the timer for 5 minutes and remind him that he has to go for his nap once the timer goes off. Most of the time (95%!), once the timer goes off, he says to himself 'orn orn' and jumps up and gathers his trains (he's allowed to bring 2 trains to sleep with him). No need for me to chase him or scold him! Yippee!

Why not buy one to try? It's only $2! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment