Saturday, June 30, 2012

It's Not Always What It Seems

Sometimes photos can be deceiving. It seems like Jiale was happily cycling on his balance bike, with Daddy and Mummy, and Didi in child seat on Daddy's bike, right?

But in fact, Jiale was only happy for about 10 minutes. For the remainder of the one hour of bicycle rental (Hubby's and my bicycles), he was dragging his feet, refusing to move, sometimes squatting next to his bike..... We had no idea what was wrong... *gloomy*

Hubby suggested exchanging my bicycle with one with a child seat so that I could ferry Jiale inside. But I was adamant that Jiale had to continue with his own bike. Because if we gave in to him this time, it is very likely that he would always ask to be ferried and refuse to cycle in future. So, die also cannot give in!!

It was a slow and arduous journey. We had to keep waiting for Jiale to move another few itches... Then waited again... Then cajoled him to move.. It was really a test of my patience!

Fortunately, my obedient son who didn't want to cycle for some unknown reason, was still willing to push his bike along himself.

I was so happy when we finally reached the car! Very thankful that Jiale did not have his 'moods' when I was out alone with him.. And hoping fervently that he will be back to his usual self for our next bike outing!



No comments:

Post a Comment