Wednesday, February 13, 2013

3rd Week Food Diary

Didn't take notes after each meal this week :P Lazy, plus since I am not gonna stop cooking a dish just bcos of lukewarm responses anyway. But it's pretty obvious that the boys like panfried chicken or fish and steamed fish. Didi is a confirmed soup lover, while Jiale will usually finish his bowl of soup too.

From no veg dish for the first week, to some sort of veg for the second week like edamame or steamed broccoli, this week I have started cooking a veg dish for lunch. So it's one veg dish and one meat/fish dish for lunch, and one meat/fish dish and a soup for dinner. Usually there is some veg in the soup, and sometimes some veg as part of the meat dish too. Still not good enough la, cos often I realised there's no greens for dinner......... But it's very difficult to cook so much for two young kids! And I don't wanna eat my own cooking everyday! I wanna eat carrot cake and fishball noodles and satay!!

Had planned a proper dinner for after the zoo trip on Wednesday, but I felt too tired, so I let them eat macaroni cheese instead. A junk food, no doubt, but I managed to sneak in avocado, hee hee!

There was also no proper lunch on Friday cos we went to Scoop of Art cafe before the library that morning, and the food was so yummy that all of us ate a lot at 11am+. Urmm, also no proper dinner on Friday cos I forgot to buy tofu and I was lazy so just gave up and gave the boys pizza :p

In the past, I used to give one processed food with the other proper foods to entice Jiale to eat. It worked quite well, probably because he was still young and i was feeding him. So as long as he was willing to open his mouth, i could feed him veg and meat together with the fishball etc. But now I realised whenever he saw fishballs or hot dogs, he would refuse to eat anything else. So I no longer serve any processed food when I cook for them. Unfortunately they ate a lot of fishballs for the two reunion meals! : /

[The food I cook for them probably seems very basic and easy... I see so many nicer photos of nicer food on FB.. but I am really not good at cooking... So my poor boys have to make do... : /]

Monday breakfast: Spinach bread, avocado dip, hardboiled egg, blueberries


Monday lunch: Stir-fried sweet peas & broccoli, pan-fried chicken
Monday dinner: Steamed fish, papaya corn yam broth


Tuesday morning: Carrot bread, fried egg, avocado dip, banana


Tuesday lunch: Kebocha shitake pork, chinese cabbage with dried shrimps

Tuesday dinner: Mochiko chicken, papaya fish soup


Wednesday breakfast: McDonald!

Wednesday dinner: Macoroni cheese with avocado

Thursday breakfast for school: Salmon mayo sandwiches, cheese stick


Thursday dinner: Pan-fried crispy fish, Liu Wei Tang

Saturday breakfast: Peanut butter sandwich, fried egg, yogurt, grapes

Sunday breakfast: Cheese sandwich, gingerbread man cookie, yogurt

No comments:

Post a Comment