Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I'm back!

Used to have a blog long ago.. but had not updated for quite some time, can't find it anymore : / Fortunately I can use back the same blog title! Though it's not that apt now as I will be mainly blogging about my children here, I shall use it for 怀purpose. But of course, I am even more 幸福 now with two children! : )

A few ideas of what to blog about:
1) What we play. I get most of my ideas from other blogs as I am definitely lacking in creativity, but those are usually non-local blogs. I will share where/how I find the materials (or substitutes) needed for the activity.

2) Just ordered Letterland to start on phonics with Jiale. Phonics is really giving me a big headache (the biggest of all academic stuff!!) cos it wasn't in the syllabus when I was in school eons ago. Gotta start from scratch. Leapfrog DVDs have been a great help cos now Jiale and I know the basic sounds of the 26 letters in the alphabet. However quite a few letters have more than one sound, and there are more chim things like blending & dunno-what-else down the road..

I chose Letterland for very simple reasons. Lol. Because another mummy is using it, and she is very dedicated to homelearning with her daughter despite being a FTWM (*kowtow*). Thus, I believe she would have diligently done adequate research before choosing Letterland. She has also been using it for some time, so it should be 'safe'!

http://beanienus.blogspot.com/2012/02/world-of-letterland.html

Urmm, second reason is even more bo liao. It's because I already have 3 Letterland books, haha. Bought when Jiale was... umm.. 3 months old, maybe? That time, anyhow buy.. Now then I realise how useful they are! So, anyway, I shall be updating on our phonics adventure!

3) Can't remember what else. Spent too much time on the 2nd point. Lol. Never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment